Sorry, I can't work today!

Friday, October 17, 2008

At least that's what I'm going to have tell most of my perspective clientèle' - there's wasps in my work shop, black widows in my wood cache, and every creature big and small is hunting for a place to lay over for the winter. But that's not what is keeping from my beloved shop today - It's my boys!!
My oldest, Ryan, is home for a few days from college - some kind of break. Tyler has an interview this afternoon to go to Russia after the school year - an invitation-only international, sister-city, school trip, as well as a school bake sale he set up for Sunday at the local WalMart. And Austin, well, he's 9 - he just flat needs his mommy!! Right now he's standing behind me swinging a cord and saying "ow, this really hurts!" lol Don't ask me, I just live here!
Weekends at Deer Mountain are always a mixed bag of work, kids, hubby, and housework. Never a moment's rest, but this weekend is shaping up to be a wee bit more hectic and I'm already getting a headache!
So, sorry ya'll - just can't work today!
I did manage to get in some computer time this morning and was delighted to receive an email from ProjectWonderful saying that I'd finally been approved for an ad box! I immediately went skipping through the house telling my children that I'd finally "arrived"! lol Pretty stupid, I know! But it's nice to know that they feel this goofy
little blog is worthy somehow and now I hope that someone will bid on it - even at the $0 mark! - so I don't feel silly for thinking someone might want to advertise on my site!! I just tell myself, "Think good thoughts!" I know I'm not going to become independently wealthy off of such a thing, and actually hope it never costs anyone anything! :), but it would be nice to be thought of in that way! :D
As always I have so much to tell you, but I lack the time - apparently, I can't blog today either!! So I bid you adieu for now and hope that you always enjoy "stopping by the shop!"
Freida

0 Comments: